Thursday, September 26, 2019

BSA106-Video Games History Part 2



I used to play this all the time. In study classes I played this alot.

Good ole Sonic. They should have kept it has a video games and not the monstrosity of a movie. I have this  Sonic game on the xbox 360, my mum loves to play it.  
Image result for sonic the hedgehog movie

Games like this are very popular now with similar game mechanics( Age Of Empire, Civilization). Military games have been on the rise as well, with multiplayer games such as CSGO and the Call of Duty series.

Fighting games are really fun. FPS games such as Doom are very popular, I have Doom 1, 2 and 3 and love the games. Another game in a similar game-play lay out is Elder-Scrolls Arena.
Image result for elder scrolls arena

Blizzard has worked on this game and created even more, such as Overwatch.

My brother has a PS1 and I used to play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. 




I have never played Legend of Zelda, but I have always wanted too.  Link's only dialogue is fight noises, absolutely fantastic. 

Everquest looks like a better version of Runescape. A game that comes to mind that is similar would be Elder-Scrolls Online. 


The Sims is a fantatsic game, I have Sims 4 and Love it. The only problem is how money hungry EA is. One of the best Sims videos is the Sims 3 patch Notes, it is so funny. 


25 games, are their choices great?
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-World of Warcraft. More Blizzard!
8-Shadow of Colossus. I know it is a well loved game, but I haven't played nor seen much game play of it.  
9-Grand Theft Auto. I was playing GTA-San Andreas when I was like 8. Still my favorite GTA game. 
10-The Sims. Great fun, also fantatsic for creating sets for animations. I used The Sims 4 to help me create my backgrounds for my animatic last semester. 
11-Star Craft. Never heard of it.  But E-Sports were created from games like this. 
12-PaRappa the Rapper. I have never played this but it is a meme. 
13-Tomb Raider. First Badass female character in a video game. For young girls, characters like show them that there are badass, smart and awesome female characters. 
14-Night Trap. I don't like it.
15-Doom. Love this game. The music keeps you upbeat. Although when you get stuck on a level it is infuriating.
16-Street Fighter. Fun game, personally prefer to play Tekken Tag. 
17-Monkey Island. No real opinion.
18-Tetris. Puzzle games will always have a place in my heart. I love solving them, the satisfaction of completing a puzzle is like no other. 
19-Mario Bros. Recognizable and a fun game. The presenter did over sell it though.
20-Elite. Never heard of it. 
21-PC gaming has entered the chat. A new way of playing video games mean't more people. Manic Miner, I have never heard of this game but I dont like the look of it. 
23-Pac-Man, when you think video games you think of Pac-man.
24-Space Invaders, A fun game for a short amount of time now, but back then it was able to be played for long periods of time.
25-Pong, It is the OG game that is the foundation of all video games. Simple, entertaining and addictive.



No comments:

Post a Comment