Monday, July 29, 2019

BVA103-Proposal Work


Identify Question

How does the Retro-Synthwave show history. 
How the combination of History and the Future created Retro-Synthwave. 
What is Retro-Futursism?
What is Retro-Synthwave?

Surrealsim in a Retro-Synthwave art style

Combining the past with the future. Take 3 key historical events and put them into a Retro-Synthwave style. 

The Space Race

A futuristic history in Retro-Synthwave style. 

Key Words: 
Synthwave

Key Concepts: 
History, Retro-Synthwave

Nostalgia futurised.

Concept

Big Idea: 
To create a digital painting and convert it into 2.5D animated gif, the loop for about 30 seconds at the most.

Context

It relies on the use of Retro-Synthwave art components. Therefore it needs to be set in a futuristic 80's environment with characters to match.

Audience

Who is this for? 
General Audience

Who is it aimed at? 
People interested in Synthwave and how

Aesthetics

How do I want it to look? 
I want them to be bright and in a very 80's style of art.

What is the theme of each picture? 
The first picture features a man dancing at the nightclub, the theme here is freedom.
Second picture is of a female astronaut on a new planet, theme is exploration and the last picture is a wolf in its natural habitat, theme is nature.

Theoretical Framework

Associated terms: Retrofuturisim

Medium

What technology am I going to use? I will use photoshop to create my digital painting and import it into after effects to create the 2.5D parallax effect

Key Practitoners/Influences

Who/What inspired me?  

I was first inspired by Edwin's Digital portfolio for BVA142 last semester.
Movies such as Back to the Future.
Farcry Blood Dragon
Synthwave music

Technique

Skill set I need to employ 
Use of after effects. More digital painting techniques. Both which are quite new to me.

Methodology and Planning

How am I going to do this?
Planning:
Timing:
Stages:

References


No comments:

Post a Comment