Monday, August 26, 2019

BVA103-Daily Post

Deliberately creative.

How do I work?

I work in blocks of time, try to get it done early so I have refinement time. For my current project in BVA103, I use both blocks of class time to work on it. So roughly 3-4hrs every week.


Erika Lancaster has a blog on time management as an artist. She explains how to plan everything out, especially around things such as day jobs. The way she plans everything out takes everything into account. Perhaps I should try doing this, although my current way of working on my projects is working, I can make better management of my time.

https://www.erikalancaster.com/art-blog/time-management-for-artists-how-to-stay-productive

APA:

Scheduling my classes and out of class time would be very beneficial. If I put this into a visual format then I can see which blocks of free time I have and work them out accordingly.


Another person I have found who works in time blocks is Chase Jarvis. One thing I found that would be particularity helpful from his blog is setting a specific time to workout. Since I sit down all the time, I need to actually use my gym membership and go at least 3 times a week.

https://www.chasejarvis.com/blog/do-less-do-more-the-art-of-being-creative-productive/

APA:

I need to do some more reading of these blogs and create a schedule using these methods to help me manage my time better. This way I can work on my projects to the highest quality in the most effective manner. 





No comments:

Post a Comment