Monday, February 18, 2019

BVA103-Daily Journal

18/02/19

A quick introduction to this course, created an About me post.
Read it here

Important Links
http://www.criticalreading.com/critical_reading.htm

20/02/19

We went through copyright and piracy. I never knew how much piracy affected the creators and wanting to work in the creative industries really puts a spin on things. I haven't been one for piracy, but knowing more about it really helps.

I learnt new things about copyright, I wasn't aware that if someone commissions you for something that they are the copyright holder. Also that you have pretty much automatic copyright over your original work. 

25/02/19

An introduction to the library, databases, APA referencing and places where students can find all sorts of help. It was great to learn how to use the databases, as I have never used one before. Also there is a library cat called Scooter and I think that is fantastic!

For this course, I will most likely spend a lot of my time in the library. 

04/03/19

Critical reading of one of the articles I found for my Weekly Homework Task. I chose to do the first article and will put the images of my annotated and analysed article in a separate blog post and link it HERE when completed. 

11/03/19

We did APA referencing. Making sure that we had it right. The first assessment has been started, its an essay. We had homework, which can be found here and here

18/03/19

Unpacked our article for our essay. I have decided to focus on Uncanny Valley for my essay. This article is seriously detailed. 

25/03/19

Chose a definite area of focus from the article. Started to go through and explore the Uncanny Valley. Did an exercise on Direct quotations, will do second exercise for homework.

01/04/19

Started the essay and went over structure as well as an essay plan.

08/01/19

Worked on the draft, changed it quite a bit word wise. 

28/04/19

Got feedback on  our essays, will make a critique post about it this weekend. Started our new assessment

06/05/19
Started our new assessment, collecting material for it

14/05/19

Worked more on my assesment.


No comments:

Post a Comment